Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Moving right along now...

Ok so I needed to post something, anything to make sure the the photos of my messy house were no longer the first thing anyone sees when they come to visit my blog lol.

I promise it doesn't look like that around here anymore, it is actually tidy momentarily ;-), no doubt it will be back to that state again before long and I will have to start all over again. That's the thing about housework, it really is the most thankless task, and it is never done. Well it might stay done if no one was living in the house, but because we have five people continually in and out of the house, plus extras on a regular basis I have learned to accept that my house will never look tidy all of the time.

Having said that, most days it doesn't take me long to get things in order. I have a system that works, ever heard of Flylady? that is where my system started. I have customised things for myself now, and I dont get the Flylady emails etc anymore, but when I was a full time stay at home mum with three kids underfoot that system was my life saver.

Most days around here I still feel like I am playing house, then every so often I will look around and be surprised to realise that this is MY house, I am the grownup, and all of that mess is MY responsibility.

Then I go and turn on the computer and ignore the mess for a bit longer.

No comments: