Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Do it now

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am really good at putting things off. I can find a million reasons not to do something right here, right now, I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Unfortunately it almost always comes back to bite me on the bum.

Case in point, I purchased the Becky Higgins School Kits KOTM a while back. I am sure others of you did too, so you know how long ago that was. Last weekend I finally opened the box, dug out the kids school photos and started trying to piece together their school albums.

I remember thinking when they started school that the events were so huge in our lives, that I would never forget the details of what happened. I was wrong.

Putting together my sons (14 yrs) kindergarten page I was at a loss as to what to include. I couldn't remember enough. Of course after sitting and thinking for ages, and talking to my husband and my son, I managed to come up with some info, but I know there was more, and what should have been a fairly easy layout to pull together ended up taking hours, and became a very frustrating experience.

That brings me to today.

I have started the Blogging for Scrapbookers course on line at Shimelle.com and the first day she talks about using your blog as a tool to write your stories for scrapping in the future. Write them while the memory is fresh. There was a time when I did a bit of this, but as can be seen, my blog has been suffering from neglect for a while now, so over the next three weeks I want to establish a habit of recording the things that happen from day to day, even the boring things that no one else is likely to want to read, in the hopes that future memories can be captured and relived without the stress and frustration of relying on my sieve like brain lol. My mantra - DO IT NOW!

Feel like joining in? Go to Shimelle's site and take a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids are 26 and 29 and I haven't yet scrapped their school photos. It's on the list for 2010. I'll be lucky if I can figure out which photo goes with which year! I didn't scrap until they were adults, but you'd think I'd at least have taken some notes.