Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Absent again

Can you believe it, here it is almost a month since I last posted AGAIN. I need to spend less time reading other peoples blogs and more time writing my own. Unbelievably looking back over the last month, I cant even think of what I did worth recording. I so hate the winter. I seem to want to hibernate and spend all of my time wishing it were warm again. I dont even like to get out of the car to wait for the kids after school, I just want them to magically arrive on the back doorstep without me having to leave the house.

Last week mother nature played a cruel trick on me by showing me a glimpse of the spring weather, but low and behold winter has returned this week. Monday our top temperature was 11 degrees celcius. 11 DEGREES ARRRGGGHH. The cold brings out really depressive thoughts in me, I cant get motivated about much, and try to avoid any activity that exposes me to the outside elements, thus my weight suffers, and my spirit suffers. I cant even get enthused about meeting friends for coffee when I know I have to shiver my way out to the car, then into whatever venue is decided upon for the coffee. Then the whole way through I keep thinking about how the heating is not high enough and how cold I am, instead of basking in the warmth of my friends and feeling better that way. Sometimes I am just too pathetic for words.

But I am sure the spring will return soon, so I will have to grin and bear it till then, and stop being such a big baby about the cold LOL.

On a positive note, I have returned to the gym, pump classes twice a week. So that is a step in the right direction. Also today I walked past a shop window and saw the most gorgeous dress. I fell in love with it right away. So I went in, tried it on, got the expert opinion from my four year old DD, then laid out the cash for it. I have not a clue where I will ever wear it, but I just had to have it. It was $80.00, so not exorbitantly expensive, but expensive enough for the type of dress it is and the likely wear I will get out of it. I will just have to convince the DH to take me out for dinner more often this summer, then I can get some wear out of it, and feel really special doing it.

Till then it will languish in my wardrobe, and be dragged out occasionally to be sighed over. :-)

No comments: