Monday, January 24, 2011

Summertime fruits


23/01/2011
Originally uploaded by jocfly
One of the things I love most about summer is the escape from the ordinary apple and orange routine for fruit. Don't get me wrong, I love apples and oranges, but, I love the variety of melons and stone fruits, and berries so much more.

Every afternoon I cut up a plate of fruit like this one and put it on the bench, then I call everyone out, and they start nibbling. If they don't finish it all in one sitting it just stays on the bench and they tend to snap some up as they are walking past. Eventually the whole lot goes. Some days I add some cheese, or a small bowl of yogurt which they use as a dip.

This is last nights plate, and it ended up disappearing right before my very eyes, all except the blackberries, which were a little tart, but I dont mind that so much, so it just meant more blackberries for me :)

1 comment:

Trish said...

We have two plums, an apricot and two fig trees in our backyard. I've just eaten about half a dozen large black plums. In a couple of weeks time you'll be able to find me up in the fig tree, perched on a branch, fig juice dripping down my chin. I love this time of year, too.