Monday, February 5, 2007

I am ALONE

and OMG it is great! No, nothing bad has happened,its just that my baby started school last Wednesday, and this morning is the first morning I have been able to stay at home while her Dad takes her to school along with her brother and sister. I stood in the driveway in my pj's while she waved madly from the backseat of the car, all the while grinning from ear to ear, she has been busting to go to school with the big kids for so long, and I waved back. Then I walked in to the house looked around and thought

I am alone.

The feeling is almost intoxicating ;-)

It has been nearly twelve years since I have been home alone. I know I must sound really silly to some, but I wasn't expecting to feel so good about it. Last Wednesday when I took her to school for the first day I wondered if I would feel a bit sad that my baby was leaving, but I didn't, well only for about ten seconds when I realised that she has the same teacher that my son had when he started at the school, and who is undoubtedly the best teacher in the school to have as your first ever teacher. Other than that I was just really excited for her, she has been so looking forward to school. As she is the youngest of three children she has watched the other two go off to school everyday for her whole life, and spent the whole year last year asking how long until I start school. She has taken to it like a duck to water, and that makes me very happy.

The older two also have great teachers this year, and they are also settling in really well. I can only hope it is a great year for all of them.

Now onto our other scheduled events.

Holidays:

Just brilliant, very relaxing, great weather, we all enjoyed it immensely. A more comprehensive post on this coming soon.

Husband:

Well the aliens have been here again and given me back the model I paid for. Our holiday did him the world of good, he is so much more relaxed and happy right now, and has been such a pleasure to be around. Obviously I need to make sure he takes holidays much more often during the year, then I might stand a chance of keeping this nice husband lol.

Weight Loss:

Managed a modest loss over my holiday which I am thrilled about. Will give a more comprehensive update on this one too in the next few days.

Creating:

Finished the scrapbook pages I needed to do for my parents Anniversary Album in the nick of time. Had to express post them to Sydney last Thursday after staying up till very late on Wednesday completing them. So my grand total of scrap pages this year has already overtaken last years total (which was abysmal). Also went to a Stampin Up party yesterday - OMG I am hooked, the products are just beautiful, and all colour coordinated ... drool... I put in a rather large order, and am itching to get it back so that I can start playing.

Have also been working on creating some ideas with Rachael regarding a small business opportunity that may pan out for us. So my ability to think creatively is beginning to expand after being stifled for the past few years.

So I have been really busy in the last two weeks, and the year is lining up to continue in that vein, but in such a good way. I have started catching up on all my favourite blog reading, but haven't commented anywhere yet, there are so many of you with so much going on that I don't know where to start.

Hope everyone has a great week lined up, I will be back soon to fill in a few more details etc.

xx

3 comments:

Sue said...

Great to hear from you again. Sounds like you're in a fine space!

Zanna, travelling tart, back in Oz said...

What a lovely post to read - so positive, happy and looking to the future. And I know exactly what you mean by being home alone - I love all my family dearly but gosh I just savour those few hours when there's just me.
Have a great week
Cheers
Z
xx

Cinders said...

You sound so relaxed and happy. Good to hear your daughter has had a great start - Welcome back.