Friday, November 9, 2007

So what now?

I need to change the tag line on my blog now, because I am no longer in my late 30's, I have now officially entered my 40's, the Fabulous 40's as we like to refer to them now ;-)

My birthday celebrations went well, much more low key than originally planned, but still enjoyable. It seems that I was an early bloomer, as everyone else who attended the celebrations had a babe in arms, I meanwhile, was able to ignore mine for the duration, as they are all old enough to look after themselves. There are advantages to that! They are also all old enough to get the wine from the fridge/counter whatever and top up Mummy's glass, one of them is even at the stage where he can open the next bottle for Mummy - the joys of having children that have passed the hands on stage and are exploring independence, (please no scary stories about rat bag teenagers to ruin my post birthday glow lol).

The weather in Sydney was its usual accommodating self, not! So we moved the lunch time venue to my mums backyard, where they had covered areas to keep us dry while we mingled. Then dinner time we settled under the balcony roof of our cabin in the tourist park to celebrate.

I was also very lucky to receive some gorgeous gifts, lots of chocolate and flowers. Hmm maybe I should turn forty more often.

And the birthday joys are not over yet, in another week we go out for dinner with my Canberra friends, which promises to be a fun filled night, and this afternoon I get to pick up my new camera... aaahhhh

I have been lusting after a new camera for ages now, but the one I want is rather pricey, so I have reached a compromise, I will upgrade but not go all the way to the top. The new camera is not a DSLR, but has hugely improved zoom and movie capture capabilities, compared to my current camera, so will be sure to keep my interested for quite some time now. So for now I will be moving up to this, which makes me very happy!

For the last few months everything in my head has revolved around getting to my 40th, I am here now. I am a very different person to who I was when I turned 30, it's been quite a ride, rollercoaster like with huge ups and downs, I'm looking forward to finding out what the next decade will bring.

xxx

6 comments:

W. said...

Hey there! Thanks for my poke - have been absorbed in a web design and trying to create myself a new craft site :P Youre welcome to take the B.W.O thang - as long as you dont mind if I pinch your DH* thang - although your 2nd reference to it is still probably nicer than what I would say! (But then what I would say doesnt shorten to DH... LOL!! My apologies; I waffle!

Love Love Love your digi LO's and I am not a digi fan normally, but have book marked Jessica now!

Fiannly, but by no means unimportant, HAPPY 40th!!

Rock on! :)

Trish said...

It's an oldie but a goodie - how about "I'm not 40, I'm 25 with 15 years experience."

I'll be 40 in a few years. Actually quite looking forward to it. There's going to be a huge party, the likes of which I haven't seen since I turned 21.

Happy Birthday!!!

Miss Milo said...

Happy birthday Joc! Sounds like you've had some lovely celebrations, despite the weather :) Congrats on reaching the big 4-0!

I have one of the previous versions of that camera (the S2IS) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it. Like you, I really wanted the Canon DSLR, but compromised with this one. The zoom is fantastic! You'll be very happy with it :) And also, not as bulky to carry around as a DSLR, which is a definite plus!

Hope you're having a great Sunday lovely :)

xoxo

Jenny said...

Happy Belated Birthday Joc. Glad you had a great party. Your deserved it after the last couple of weeks. Did your friend end up going to your party?

Love the look of your new camera. I had a Canon DSLR but love my little Canon point and shoot as well.

Here's to the next 40 years.

Kathy, the Bloghore said...

Happy belated birthday! That camera looks delicious! I'll be in the market next month and look forward to a report.

Zanna, travelling tart, back in Oz said...

Ok you fabulous flirty forties girl - I reckon you are all grown up now! Anyway I've tagged you - see my blog - so tell us some more - and savour life in the 40's - trust me it's quite special!
Love
Z xx