Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Netball

For most of my life I played netball, I also coached and umpired. Most winters my entire Saturday was spent running up and down a netball court, and when I was old enough to drive myself I started playing mid week in night competitions, then also indoor netball. It was a HUGE part of my life.

Sadly my poor body is not up for playing anymore :( but both of my girl are playing Saturday competition now, and this year I took the plunge and put my hand up to coach again. Tonight was our first training session, and I felt almost exhilirated when we got home. I have missed being involved so much. I had some misgivings when I volunteered, but they have all faded for now. I had fun. I can only hope the girls did too.

Miss H has the most fantastic coach so I didn't want to intefere with a good thing, but Miss K's team was coachless, so I am looking after her team this year. I have nine girls all around 13-14 years old, some familiar faces, but a few I don't know. I only hope I can help them all to enjoy a great season of netball.

No comments: